Stay tuned for more details, coming soon!
“finding your path of purpose through the arts”
The Creative Lab is a multi-day arts enrichment and personal development program for grade 12 students
in their final year of study transitioning into young adulthood.
The Creative Lab will provide students who have a great passion or interest in the arts with an opportunity to develop their artistic skills, delve into deep conversations about their true purpose in life through arts-engaged activities. Students will also have the opportunity to gain mentorship from professional artists and senior-level university students, while exploring ideas around potential career paths in the arts.
This program is for grade 12 students who are artists, poets, or dancers, who wish to make meaningful contributions to society, but may struggle at times with fitting in with their peers.
Presented by Voice of Purpose and in partnership with York University Community Engagement Centre, North York Arts, and Nia Centre for the Arts.
Dates: October 12-14, 2018
Times: full-day immersive
Location: York University
Meals will be provided (Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner).
TTC Tokens are available.
Spaces are limited.
More details will become available early September, but for now we would like for you to save the date!
If you are interested in reserving spots for your school or if you would like to nominate a student that could benefit from this type of opportunity, please email us at: email@example.com
Process the chaos and ground your growth. For femme-identified artists, educators, healers, and community facilitators
Revive is an opportunity for femme-identified artists, educators, healers and community facilitators to process and ground the intense energies of transformation that have been making their way through our systems for the past few months, in an intimate, safe and supportive setting. (Femme = includes cis women, trans women, non-binary folks who wish to connect with their inner-feminine for this experience)
There are significant shifts happening in the universe, and we are feeling it – In our mental, emotional, spiritual, and physical bodies. If you have been feeling the impacts of heightened levels of chaos, anxiety, grief, uncertainty, and unexpected changes in your life… 1) you are not alone and 2) all is well, it’s going to be ok. You are evolving, we are evolving. And as we evolve and expand into higher levels of consciousness, and open up portals to become greater versions of ourselves, we will go through growing pains. This is part of the process.
For the past few months, the energetic shifts have been massive. So it’s perfectly understandable if you have been feeling extra emotional, unstable, unbalanced and a little all over the place. Or if you’ve been coming into deep shifts in your perspectives and priorities.
Humanity is on the path of ascension. And as we grow into our true inner purpose, we are being brought through the initiation of facing all of our shadows, and being tasked with the challenge of bringing them into the light, healing them, and releasing them. It’s hard work, but it’s worth it, and it’s necessary, if we hope to one day meet our potential, stand in our true power, and become the purpose for which we are here – and we all need help doing it.
So, the ‘Revive’ weekend is a space for artists, educators, healers and community facilitators to come together to ground, process, and integrate, the things we have been downloading, discovering, and confronting in ourselves. To support our personal growths and help us to navigate the larger energetic and global shifts we are a part of. This is for people who are leaders and change-makers. Those working to make an impact on the world through their gifts as artists, healers, educators, facilitators, and community leaders.
We are constantly carrying so much weight on our shoulders for others. It time to create space and time for us to focus on centering and grounding ourselves to level up our capacities!
The two days will be taking place during the final full moon of the summer.
What is included:
- Grounding meditation with breath and body integration
- Intentional creation of safe and sacred space
- Energetic cleansing and protection practices (practical techniques you can learn and then do on your own)
- Writing exercises for self-reflection and soul-expression
- Bio-energetic healing and therapeutic practices
- Movement and body-based release work
- Community-oriented approach grounded in equity and inclusion based practices
- A healthy lunch
- A healing and therapeutic experience
** NOTE: Your safety is paramount. Our facilitator Sun is trained and practiced with over 10 years of holding space for deep personal growth.
When & Where:
- Location: Black Creek Community Farm – 4929 Jane St
- Part 1: Saturday – August 25, 2018 @ 1-7pm
- Part 2: Sunday – August 26, 2018 @ 1-7pm
- One day breather: $65 ($75 at the door)
- Full process grounding: $120 for both days ($150 at the door)
- Full process grounding + Individual healing support: $200 for both days + a private healing session with Sun ($250 at the door)
*Lunch is included in the prices!
To register visit: https://www.picatic.com/revive
*Financial support and payment plans are available upon request
*Voice of Purpose inclusion policy: For every 3 tickets purchased, a scholarship is provided to someone who will benefit greatly from the program but is in need of financial support. So remember that when you register you are helping to provide access to someone in the community who may not be able to attend without your support!
To apply for a scholarship please email firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information visit: https://www.picatic.com/revive
Title of Project: The Creative Lab
Organization: Voice of Purpose (in partnership with York University Community Engagement Centre and North York Arts)
Total Contract: $25/hr x 74 hrs = $1850
Type: Part-time contract
Dates: Starts August 29, 2018 – Oct 14, 2018 @ approx. 7 hours a week, except for the final week where you will work 30+ hours. *Must be available to work Oct 11-14 all day (approx. 8 hours each day).
Context – About the project:
The ‘Creative Lab’ is a 3-day arts enrichment and personal-development program for students who are in their final year of high school, taking place at York University in the Fall of 2018. The camp will support students to explore the question “what is my True Inner Purpose?” through the process of art-creation and engagement with topics related to Social Justice, Well-Being and Identity.
The purpose of the camp is to support youth (age 17-18) to find a better grounding in their next steps forward as they make big decisions for their lives and for their futures after high school. We will be bringing youth together from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, to also use this space to bridge community and cultural divides through the arts.
Alongside the youth camp, we will be running an apprentice training program for aspiring New Generation Arts Educators. These will be York University students enrolled in Master’s programs or are in the senior years of their Bachelors studies – in the fields of Education, Social Work, or Fine Arts. They will serve as camp leaders and mentors to the youth throughout the duration of the camp.
This project is being funded by the Ontario Arts Council.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Logistics Coordinator will report to the director of the project, and will assist and coordinate the following:
- design & package conference material (orientation package, lanyards, etc)
- communications with participants
- coordinate artists, materials, and spaces for conference
- administrative assistance
- other tasks as assigned related to logistics and admin
Skills & Eligibility:
- Must have experience in event planning and specifically in coordinating conference logistics
- Graphic design skills
- High proficiency in English written language – grammar, spelling etc
- Direct communication skills
- Ability to problem solve creatively in high-pressure situations
- High level of emotional intelligence and intuition
- Experience working with Youth in a leadership capacity
- Awareness and experience in of social justice, anti-oppression, equity and inclusion practices
- Honesty, Integrity, Humility, Compassion, and a willingness to work
- Thrives in team environment, and can also work independently, takes initiative and is self-motivated
To apply please email a cover letter and resume/CV to info@VoiceOfPurpose.org by August 18, 2018 11:59 pm.
* Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
* If selected for interview, must be available for interviews August 21-23, 2018