Title of Project: The Creative Lab
Organization: Voice of Purpose (in partnership with York University Community Engagement Centre and North York Arts)
Total Contract: $25/hr x 74 hrs = $1850
Type: Part-time contract
Dates: Starts August 29, 2018 – Oct 14, 2018 @ approx. 7 hours a week, except for the final week where you will work 30+ hours. *Must be available to work Oct 11-14 all day (approx. 8 hours each day).
Context – About the project:
The ‘Creative Lab’ is a 3-day arts enrichment and personal-development program for students who are in their final year of high school, taking place at York University in the Fall of 2018. The camp will support students to explore the question “what is my True Inner Purpose?” through the process of art-creation and engagement with topics related to Social Justice, Well-Being and Identity.
The purpose of the camp is to support youth (age 17-18) to find a better grounding in their next steps forward as they make big decisions for their lives and for their futures after high school. We will be bringing youth together from various socio-economic and cultural backgrounds, to also use this space to bridge community and cultural divides through the arts.
Alongside the youth camp, we will be running an apprentice training program for aspiring New Generation Arts Educators. These will be York University students enrolled in Master’s programs or are in the senior years of their Bachelors studies – in the fields of Education, Social Work, or Fine Arts. They will serve as camp leaders and mentors to the youth throughout the duration of the camp.
This project is being funded by the Ontario Arts Council.
Roles & Responsibilities:
The Logistics Coordinator will report to the director of the project, and will assist and coordinate the following:
- design & package conference material (orientation package, lanyards, etc)
- communications with participants
- coordinate artists, materials, and spaces for conference
- administrative assistance
- other tasks as assigned related to logistics and admin
Skills & Eligibility:
- Must have experience in event planning and specifically in coordinating conference logistics
- Graphic design skills
- High proficiency in English written language – grammar, spelling etc
- Direct communication skills
- Ability to problem solve creatively in high-pressure situations
- High level of emotional intelligence and intuition
- Experience working with Youth in a leadership capacity
- Awareness and experience in of social justice, anti-oppression, equity and inclusion practices
- Honesty, Integrity, Humility, Compassion, and a willingness to work
- Thrives in team environment, and can also work independently, takes initiative and is self-motivated
To apply please email a cover letter and resume/CV to info@VoiceOfPurpose.org by August 18, 2018 11:59 pm.
* Only those selected for interview will be contacted.
* If selected for interview, must be available for interviews August 21-23, 2018